Southwestern tower
Archeological studies can argue that in the first half of the XIV century there was only the southwestern tower of the Castle, intended for housing and hiding from the enemy.
In plan view the tower was close to a square with a side of 11.3 m. The thickness of its walls reached 3 m.
Researchers suggest that from the time of its construction and until 1533, in the southwestern tower there was located an Orthodox castle church, which was then moved to the city. Archaeologists in the 70s of the ХХ century discovered only fragments of the tower's foundation
At present, the southwestern tower is the result of the restoration and reconstruction of the Castle in the 2000s.
In 2020, the permanent exhibition “Pages of History ... Since the XIV Century” was opened in the tower.